Friday, February 25, 2011

COLD

so...what do you do when it is only 18 degrees out and the sun is shining beautifully and you want to garden???  I'm thinking up things to cook and reading other gardening blogs!  I think I'm going to make sweet potato baked donuts with cinnamon sugar for breakfast tomorrow and I've been following all fo the craziness that has been going on with the copywrite of  urban homesteading.  I'm also considering pruning a fruit tree or two but I don't think I'll survive the cold whether or not they will...

I've started reading a permaculture design book...all very sensible and good info but it just makes me think "really?!? does it have to be this complicated?!"  Don't get me wrong, everything it says makes sense and the so far it is essentially how I already garden but it wants you to design and plan every single thing that ever goes into your garden!  Where's the room for spontenaity and trying new things? What about the random plant that you just plop in to an available spot to see what happens?  It seems to me that all of that planning takes a bit of the fun out.  I suppose from a large scale commercial point of view it is fairly radical thinking though...hmm...  More thought will be given on the subject at a later date, I have only read 15 pages after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment