Monday, June 7, 2010

There's finally stuff going on in the garden and I'm sooo happy about it!  It's taken a long time just to get warm enough to put plants outside this year and I'm still not sure it's quite there but we're trying anyways.  Our chickens seem really happy and they like being outside in the dog crate every day and in their coop at night. Next week when the West Seattle tool Library opens we'll be borrowing a post hole digger and building our official chicken run.  I think they are really going to like the extra space.

I don't know if we'll have enough produce this year to make the pickles and jams we dreamed about last year, but I'm still hopeful.  Either way the experiment is fun and it does look beautiful thanks to all of Jen's hard work growing seeds, planting the cabbages, tomatoes and herbs.  

This summer I'm thinking of joining the Puget Sound Beekeepers Association and working in their clubs apiary to learn about bees.  Perhaps in the next year or two I can have bees too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment