Wednesday, June 23, 2010

today it was finally in the mid-70's summer weather couldn't get here fast enough! I planted what was left of all those tomato seedlings. Don't know if tomato production will happen but it felt really nice to dig in the dirt and get that job completed. I planted the basil I grew from seed, too! Just a couple small additions to my herb bed. All the framing for the chicken run was completed on Monday and we have a temporary door.
Jarett and Lacey took all the spare wood and put it in the basement so its no longer exposed to the elements and it might prove useful for other projects.
Last major projects are putting the rest of the plastic wire stuff around the chicken run and on the 'roof' so its entirely enclosed, and building that permanent door with hinges and a locking mechanism. It shouldn't take long once its started but with my gardening partner away, I don't feel like doing too many projects without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment